Dec 21, 2013

New Wet n Wild Coloricon 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palettes

There's an entire new range of 5 pan palettes from Wet n Wild! I actually had no idea about them at the time, so of course that added on to my excitement. Unfortunately, I didn't get the quality that I was expecting.. sadly, these were a miss for me. 


Palettes from left to right: Tunnel Vision, Art in the Streets, and The Naked Truth

Swatches for Tunnel Vision 

 Swatches for Art in the Streets

Swatches for the Naked Truth

All swatches were two swipes each, without primer.

Claims: "Five amazing shades in one convenient package for an unbeatable price! Each eyeshadow palette features five distinct shades that can be mixed and matched to create a unique look for every style. From matte to ultra-shimmer, these long-lasting, highly pigmented formulas are satiny-smooth for crease resistant wear."
Pigmentation: Tunnel Vision was the most pigmented of the three. Some shadows were more streaky and patchy than others. Only a few were decently pigmented alone.
Finish/Texture: Each shadow has a different finish, some matte, shimmery, and glittery. The texture on all of the shadows was very powdery. Some of them also felt dry to the touch. I really didn't enjoy the texture on any of these shadows. 
Lasting Power: I honestly don't know how long they lasted, because I wouldn't wear them without other shadows/bases underneath. These are terrible without primer. 
Packaging: The packaging is very basic, and it includes a small brush and sponge tip applicator. I have no issues with it. 
Price/Availability: I paid $4 each for these at CVS.

Likes:
  • Inexpensive
  • Nice variety of shades
Dislikes:
  • Powdery finish
  • Poor pigmentation
  • Primer/base is a must
  • Do not live up to claims
  • All around poor quality
Overall:
These palettes were just not the quality that I was expecting..

I felt like all of the palettes had a very powdery texture. Some of them were hard to blend and a bit on the dry side. The pigmentation was poor on it's own, some shadows were ok, but I personally would never wear them without primer. Even with primer though, these weren't good. Overall, I just felt like the quality was missing with these. Even at $4 a piece, I wasn't impressed! 

I will have a video review on these palettes soon! 
        | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  

15 comments:

  1. :(( SAD!!! bad quality !!
    anyway, can you do a tutorial/makeover with the 2nd palette?? (just wondering!)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already returned these sorry! Plus, the shadows were just so awful I really wouldn't even want to take the time to create a look with them :(

      Delete
  2. That's too bad! I've seen some reviews where people really can't like these or at least the brown quad but from your swatches it really looks very patchy and uneven! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Yes, all of them had a patchy way of swatching, it was so weird.

      Delete
  3. They looked great at the first sight, it's a pity that they are not good :/

    macabre-moon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( oh no! I always have such high expectations for WnW! Thanks for the honest reviews as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here,which is another reason why I was so disappointed in them! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Such a shame because the color selection in every palette is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame - I wouldn't have expected the poor quality from Wet n Wild. I've tried their Silent Treatment trio and Comfort Zone palette and the pigmentation on both were solid. I know you were excited for the neutral one but it looks quite chalky and patchy :\

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really hoping for a better review! They picked great shades to include in each one. Thanks for the honest review, Hollie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely well-written article. It was an awesome article to read. Complete rich content and fully informative
    For sofa repair service contact thesofastore they gives
    Sofa Refurbishing in Adugodi,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  9. According to your style to write is all good. I appreciate your work and thank you so much for sharing your hard work. Well! I'm waiting for your next blog.
    Get Her Crazy in Bed

    ReplyDelete
  10. visit my site: I will provide your great services. Thanks your so much.
    Vip Table Booking London

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥