Jan 20, 2014

Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Sticks

I am beyond excited that Maybelline recently added six blush sticks to their permanent Face Studio line. I haven't seen a blush stick at the drugstore in ages, since the awful Revlon Baby Stick incident. Let me tell you, these are fantastic. I could not be happier that Maybelline has given the drugstore some great blush stick options!  


These little tubes are so cute! I bought 3 shades: Coral Sheen, Just Pinched Pink, and Pink Fever.


Swatches from top to bottom: Pink Fever, Coral Sheen, and Just Pinched Pink
Pink Fever is a bright cool toned pink,. Coral Sheen is a bright warm coral, it almost looks like a true orange. Just Pinched Pink is a cool toned mauve. These have a very subtle amount of shimmer, it's only noticeable in the natural light.  Swatches are 2 swipes each.

Claims: "Cheeks go dewy and gently glazed with this portable, creamy blush stick.
Glazed pearls and shea butter glide provide blendable, natural color and smooth, even application.Fragrance Free. Non-comedogenic. Suitable for all skin types."
Finish/Texture: The finish is a bit dewy at first, but it dries down to a satin. These have a very pretty subtle shimmer . The texture is so creamy, you could easily use your fingers to blend these out! They glide on the skin so smoothly, it's great.
Lasting Power: Alone these lasted about 5 hours, which is more than I expected (note that I do have dry skin). Over foundation these lasted about 8 hours before they started to fade. I was very impressed with the wear time! 
Scent: These do not have scent, yay! 
Packaging: They come in a small plastic tube (very similar to the NYX cream blushes). After the cap is removed, the stick can be easily twisted up/down. 
Price/Availability: I paid $9.30 for each blush stick at CVS.


Likes:
  • Great pigmentation
  • Nice texture/blendable
  • Easy to use
  • Good staying power
  • Variety of shades to choose from
  • Overall great quality

Dislikes:
  • Blush does not twist down all the way into the tube (I know this problem will go away over time, so it's not a big deal)

Overall:
Maybelline has set the standard for cream blush sticks at the drugstore!  I'm so pleased with these blush sticks, overall I think they are going to be a huge drugstore hit. 

Although they are about ten dollars with tax, these will last you a while. They are nicely pigmented, so a little really goes a long way. They blend out effortlessly, even with my dry skin. These have shimmer to them, but it is very subtle, and once it's blended out it's barely noticeable. The lasting power is nice too, and there are a variety of shades to choose from, although I wouldn't mind seeing more collections in the future! 

I'm excited to see what other brands may do to follow up, I'm hoping for a blush stick trend this spring.. is that just me?



 | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  

27 comments:

  1. I'm shocked at how pigmented these are. In the past drugstore blush sticks haven't been great, besides the discontinued NYC version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was too when I first used them. They are awesome! I never got to try those NYC blushes, but I do have some of the NYX ones.

      Delete
  2. Oh man I need some of these. They look AMAZING! I wonder when they'll be available in the UK...

    Kerry x
    dulltoglam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look adorable! I love a good cream blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooook ... and this is the moment i get sad because of living in boring austria ... anyway sending you some "smile and wave" from austria :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Not even you have all of the limited edition Essence collections that I can never get my hands on. Smile and a wave from California :)

      Delete
    2. you're trying to "beat" me ... noooo way :D yeah essence is "cool" BUT we got no full range of maybelline (just the "beginner's version" kind of "you don't need more cause you don't know how to handle" - embarrassing :D), no covergirl, no revlon, no ... you.can't.win. (lucky you ;) )

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you like these because I've been wondering if they were worth trying. Just Pinched Pink looks gorgeous! I might have to run and get it. ;) thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept ignoring them every time I went to the drugstore, but I think I'll have to pick up one now! They look so lovely and I'm always up for a new blusher! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, I did not expect them to be so pigmented. No scent, you say? SOLD! I will get at least one color to see how I like it. I initially passed, and to be honest the packaging doesn't appeal to me and it didn't help the matter, but I adore cream blushes so I'll be grabbing one of these soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous color and so pigmented!! the packaging quite looks like a lip balm!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am HOPING these will make our country!!! Just Pinched Pink is absolutely my colour. Thanks for the post, didn't know these came out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty!!! *O*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I now plan to pick up these thanks to your blog post!

    Krystal || Little Beauty Bug <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! coral seen looks like sth I'd love to get!

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  13. can't wait for these to reach the UK!

    http://whaticallbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these look amazing. I can't wait for them to come to England. They look so pigmented.

    Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. 6.8g of product would definitely last quite a while I imagine! Glad to hear these were much better than the Revlon failtastic Baby Sticks. They look nicely dewy and very pigmented in the swatch :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooo, these look lovely. like everyone else, i wasn't attracted to these but now i'll be picking some up!! also, i'm a complete lypsyl convert now!

    varvara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you think cream blushes have longer lasting power than powder? I'm currently using the St. Lucia contouring blush from ELF and I feel like I only get like 4 hours of wear from it. I use liquid foundation covergirl 3 in 1, and an ELF setting spray.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you love a good quality blush stick, I can't recommend Jordana's Color Tint line enough. I started with just one and then went straight to their website to buy tons of other shades! Now I have Blushed (my fave), Pink Adore, Apple Cheeks, Coral Touch, and Bronze Glow.

    Half of the line is subtley shimmery, half is matte. The texture pats or glides on nicely and is very pigmented, so it wears well on my slightly oily skin. I love the color range and the blendability, and of course that they're only $2.99 each. They do have a slightly odd scent, but it's not noticeable once it's on the skin.

    You might want to check them out for another affordable blush stick option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this may seem like a stupid question but I heard people making lipstick with blush. So my question is I bought the Coral, doesn't look good as a blush But I tried it on my Lips, I normally wear coral any way, it looked beautiful. I want to know if it's safe to wear this as lipstick? Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very good article,Thank you
    For sofa repair service contact thesofastore they gives
    Best Sofa Repair Services in Hulimavu,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its a very useful blog,thank you for sharing this post with us,keep posting like useful blogs.
    For astorlogy service contact Shri Krishna Astro center,we have
    Vashikaran Astrologer in Udupi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥